Would you know which way to look for support and information around Domestic Abuse?
For anyone who has experienced domestic abuse they will tell you that one of the most difficult things to do when trying to move forward in their lives, is gaining a sense of focus. Everything about their lives has become so blurred and out of focus that it’s hard to see the woods for the trees.
You Don’t Own Me is here to tell you that it is possible to regain a sense of focus and live a life you deserve.
So if you or someone you know has experienced Domestic Abuse, finding the right support is invaluable.
My Blogs, Guest Blogs and Podcast will hopefully be additional support for many but you may want to check out some of the links below –
A – Z of Resources offering support UK:
- A Collection of Older Victim-Survivors Stories
- Age UK: No age limit: older people and domestic abuse
- Anthea Cribbin
- Coercive Control in Fraud, Scams and Financial Abuse
- Coffee for Craig Manchester Homeless Charity
- Clare’s Law
- 361 Diamond – Alice Smith, Writer of 361 Recovery programme for women survivors. Teacher. Change maker. Optimist. Member of CPS scrutiny panel for crimes involving VAWG.
- Danielle Barbereau Professional Divorce Coaching
- Friends Against Scams
- GOV.UK domestic abuse and how to get help
- Hollie Gazzard Trust
- Hollie Guard Personal Safety App
- International Men’s Day in the UK
- Just for Women+ Support for All
- LGBT Foundation
- Little Mouse Finds a Safe Place Storybook
- ManKind Initiative
- Monika Labich Coaching & Therapy – Online Coaching & Therapy for alcohol misuse related problems
- National Trading Standards Scams Team
- NHS Social Prescribing
- Online Safety Advice
- Opoka: helps women and children in the Polish community to improve health, wellbeing, financial stability and happiness by stopping domestic violence
- Own My Life A 12-week online or in-person course to help women who have been subjected to abuse to regain ownership of their lives
- Recognition to Recovery: How to leave your abusive ex behind for good!
- Recognition to Recovery Insights Programme
- Refuge (National Domestic Abuse Helpline)
- Rie Pearson’s Book Be Kind. No Excises. (A retired police officer’s guide to help teenage girls recognise abusive behaviours in intimate relationships)
- Safe Lives
- Safeguarding Animal & Human Survivors of Sexual and Domestic Abuse
- Sound Training Solutions
- Sue Atkins The Parenting Expert – Saying “NO” to your kids with confidence !
- Supporting children who have experienced domestic abuse with their return to school with Ann Dix
- Surviving Economic Abuse – Organisations that can help
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust
- Trafford Domestic Abuse Services
- Trafford Domestic Abuse Services new short film ‘Too Much!” Supporting Young People to have Healthy Relationships Project
- The Haven Wolverhampton
- The Cyber Helpline
- The Journey to Freedom
- Tina Pokuaah Consultancy and Training taking a Gender and Culture informed approach to safeguarding
- Vanessa White – Break Up and Divorce Coach
- Vesta Specialist Family Support – Empowering Polish Families in England and Wales
- Women’s Aid
- Words Matter video Trafford Domestic Abuse Services